Insurance for Development
The Munich Re Foundation is offering a number of partial scholarships for ILO's online course Insurance for Development for participants coming from non-profit organizations. These scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Country (preference will be given to participants based or working in low-income and lower-middle income countries, according to the World Bank country classification);
- Spanish speaking skills (the webinars and materials are fully in Spanish and no translation will be available);
- Ability to demonstrate how the training will benefit their work and their country’s inclusive insurance sector;
- Ability to implement the lessons learned from the course;
- Ability to cover the remaining costs of participating in the course (we remind you that the full cost is 940 EUR).
How to apply:
- Register for the online course by completing the registration form on the ITC-ILO’s website;
- Send an email requesting a scholarship to email@example.com with the subject: “Munich Re Foundation scholarship application”. Please include in your email:
- Name, contact information and country, job title and position, years of experience in inclusive insurance and scholarship amount required;
- At least three reasons why attending the course will benefit your work and the country’s inclusive insurance sector; and
- An official “letter of commitment” issued by your organization stating how the remaining course fee will be covered and how what you learn will be leveraged by your organization. If you are financing your participation yourself, a letter from your employer confirming your employment might still be required.
The deadline for scholarship requests is March 5, 2021. Applicants will be notified of the organizers decision by March 19, 2021.
Individuals awarded a scholarship will be requested to submit a short report to the Munich Re Foundation upon completion of the programme, including the key lessons learned and a concrete action plan.
For any questions, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .